The Master of Public Administration (MPA) program requires the completion of 57 credits with an area of emphasis in government or nonprofit.
Eleven required courses: 33 credits:
- PUBM 5010 - Foundations of Public Administration
- PUBM 5110 - Understanding Organizations
- PUBM 5120 - Policy Process
- PUBM 5200 - Managing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace a
- PUBM 5220 - Human Resource Management
- PUBM 5300 - Budgeting and Financial Management
- PUBM 5430 - Research Design
- PUBM 5440 - Applied Data Analysis
- PUBM 5600 - Ethics and Society
- PUBM 5700 - Economic Analysis
- PUBM 5900 - Capstone in the Public Service
Three courses in Government or Nonprofit Area of Emphasis: 9 credits
- PUBM 5410 - Policy Analysis
- PUBM 5710 - Government Finance
- PUBM 5720 - Administrative Law
- PUBM 5860 - Nonprofit Sector in Society
- PUBM 5870 - Nonprofit Resource Development
- PUBM 5880 - Nonprofit Governance
Five Elective Courses: 15 credits
Electives vary from year to year and some past examples of electives include: Government Relations, Collaboration Across Sectors, Global Health, Campaigns and Elections, and more.
Click to read course descriptions.
Click to download Course Tracking document for current students.