On this page
Strong candidates will have a combination of at least one year of professional work experience, a demonstrated commitment to public service, a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, and a 3.0 GPA. Applicants without a 3.0 GPA may be admitted on a probationary basis.
Entrance exams are typically not required unless the applicant's undergraduate degree is from a non-graded institution.
- A completed online application and $55 application fee (waived for SU alumni)
- Official transcripts from the last two years of the bachelor's degree and any post-baccalaureate coursework
- Two completed MPA Recommendation Forms (applicant sends the form to their recommenders via the online application)
- A current resume
- A letter of intent (one to two pages) summarizing your interest in the MPA program and discussing ways in which the MPA will assist you in reaching your career and educational goals
- Students who earned undergraduate degrees from institutions issuing non-graded transcripts must submit ofﬁcial GRE results
- Please note that there are additional requirements for international students, as well as readmission and non-degree seeking students
Tuition and Costs
- MPA tuition for the 2019-2020 academic year is $735 per credit and is subject to change annually by the Seattle University Board of Trustees
- The MPA is a 57-credit program, so the total cost for the degree based on the 2018-2019 tuition is $41,895
- More information about graduate student tuition and fees can be found here
For complete financial aid information please contact the office of Student Financial Services.
- All newly admitted MPA students are eligible to apply for scholarships in their first quarter; recipients may receive up to $5,000 toward the MPA degree. Financial need is strongly considered when selecting recipients and the amount of their award. Apply for Graduate Public Administration Scholarships.