Applicants for the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Professional Health Certificate program must have:
- Completed a four-year undergraduate degree at a US or Canadian University
- Earned a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Completed Pre-calculus: Algebra (Math 1021) and Trig (Math 1022) or higher. This is the pre-req for physics sequence. If not, students can take the courses at SU.
- Completed a year of high school chemistry or higher. If not, students can take CHEM 1000, Preparatory Chemistry Tutorial (1 credit)
- Test their commitment to the field through work, volunteering, shadowing, or other activities
- Understand and can articulate their motivation for entering the healthcare field
- Demonstrate an ability to succeed in college-level science courses
- Need to complete most or all of the pre-reqs for the relevant field
- Have support of a former professor, mentor, or other
Tuition and Financial Aid
- Tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year is $1057 per credit hour (note - some courses may have additional lab fees).
- Financial Aid
- Students pursuing the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Professional Health Studies Certificate may qualify for federal or other financial aid. For questions about financial aid, please contact the Student Financial Services office via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Gainful Employment Disclosure
How to Apply
Overview of the Admissions Process
We admit approximately 30 students each year: 15 students for each entry term. Admissions decisions are done on a rolling basis until the program is at capacity or classes are full.
We encourage students intending to start in Fall term to be admitted to SU by July 1. Those intending to start in Winter term should be admitted by December 1st.
Steps to Apply
Take the following steps to apply for the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Professional Health Studies Certificate program.
- Apply to Seattle University using the Undergraduate Transfer/Readmit Application
- Supplemental Application Documents Will Be Required
- Personal Statement
- A one-two page resume
- Pre-Requisite & Academic Plan form
- Official transcripts sent to Seattle University
- Letters of Recommendation
The application timeline for the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Professional Health Studies Certificate program parallels Seattle University’s application for transfer students.