Applicants for the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Professional Health Certificate program must have:
- Completed a four-year undergraduate degree at a US or Canadian University
- Earned a previous cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Need to complete at least 45 credits at SU of the Core pre-health science courses
- Demonstrate their commitment to the field through work, volunteering, shadowing, or other activities
- Understand and can articulate their motivation for entering the healthcare field
- Have the support of a former professor, mentor, or other
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Completed Pre-calculus: Algebra (Math 1021) and Trig (Math 1022) or higher. This is the pre-req for physics sequence.
- If not, students can take the courses at SU.
- Completed a year of high school chemistry or higher.
- If not, students can take CHEM 1000, Preparatory Chemistry Tutorial (1 credit)
Tuition and Financial Aid
- Tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year is $1057 per credit hour (note - some courses may have additional lab fees).
- Financial Aid
- Students pursuing the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Professional Health Studies Certificate may qualify for federal or other financial aid. For questions about financial aid, please contact the Student Financial Services office via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Gainful Employment Disclosure
How to Apply
Overview of the Admissions Process
We admit approximately 30 students each year: 15 students for each entry term. Admissions decisions are done on a rolling basis until the program is at capacity or classes are full.
We encourage students intending to start in Fall term to be admitted to SU by July 1. Those intending to start in Winter term should be admitted by December 1st.
Steps to Apply
Take the following steps to apply for the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Professional Health Studies Certificate program.
- Apply to Seattle University using the Undergraduate Transfer/Readmit Application
- Supplemental Application Documents Will Be Required
- Personal Statement
- A one-two page resume
- Pre-Requisite & Academic Plan form
- Official transcripts sent to Seattle University
- Letters of Recommendation
The application timeline for the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Professional Health Studies Certificate program parallels Seattle University’s application for transfer students.