The Health Professions Evaluation (HPE) process aims to advise and support students throughout their medical and dental applications. Each student who chooses to complete the process meets with a member of the committee to receive a customized evaluation of the materials they plan to submit to professional schools. A Letter Packet will be sent to the schools they are applying to.
The HPE process is available to:
- Any current Seattle University student
- Any alumni of Seattle University
- Students applying to medical or dental school
- Students who have completed 36 hours at Seattle University
- Students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Students who complete or have a plan to complete all the prerequisite courses for admission to medical/dental school before professional school matriculation
- Students must release test scores and application information to the Health Professions Advisor within their AMCAS/AACOMAS/ADEA AADSAS/TMDSAS applications.
No current upcoming events.
Elements of the Process
The process consists of three workshops, putting together a complete packet to submit to the committee, two faculty interviews, and committee feedback evaluation. All the stages are mandatory and have firm deadlines.
- Workshops: Students learn about the overall HPE process, how to craft a personal statement, and develop their resume and interview skills.
- Packet: Applicants complete documents that parallel the online application before the application opens and receive editorial support from faculty and advisors
- Interview: Applicants are paired with science and math faculty to help students prepare for medical/dental school interviews
- Committee Review: A faculty committee evaluates each applicant and provides feedback to the student on the strengths and areas of improvement for their application.
The process begins in the Fall 2023 quarter for students planning to apply in Summer 2024.
- Fall Quarter: Students need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in participating in the HPE process. Students will attend workshops and begin work on their application packet.
- Winter Quarter: Students will submit their application drafts for review. Students will meet with faculty for interviews.
- Spring Quarter: Students will submit final application materials to the Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC). The committee reviews each student's packet and provides 1:1 feedback to the student.
January 31, 2024 is the deadline to request participation in the HPE process.
March 1, 2024 is the deadline to submit all HPE packet components to the committee for review.
To Learn More
Please contact email@example.com