Often medical and dental schools request undergraduate institutions to evaluate their students applying for admission for the current application cycle. Each student who chooses to complete the process receives a customized committee evaluation letter and material packet sent to the schools they are applying to. These letters can assist the schools in deciding which students to interview.
The Committee Letters process is available to:
- Any current Seattle University student
- Any alumni of Seattle University
- Students applying to medical or dental school
- Students who have completed 36 hours at Seattle University
- Students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Students who complete or have a plan to complete all the prerequisite courses for admission to medical/dental school prior to professional school matriculation
- Students must release test scores and application information to the Health Professions Advisor within their AMCAS/AACOMAS/ADEA AADSAS/TMDSAS applications.
Elements of the Process
The process consists of three workshops, putting together a complete packet to submit, interview, and committee review. All the stages are mandatory and have firm deadlines.
- Workshops: Students learn about the overall process, craft a personal statement, and develop their resume and interview skills.
- Packet: Applicants complete documents that parallel the online application before the application opens and receive editorial support from faculty and advisors
- Interview: Applicants are paired with science and math faculty to help students prepare for medical/dental school interviews
- Committee Review: A science and math faculty committee evaluates each applicant compared to other Seattle University applicants that year. This information is compiled into a cover letter that is submitted to the schools on the applicant’s behalf
The process begins in the application year the student plans to apply.
- Fall Quarter: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in participating
- Winter Quarter: Attend an orientation session
- Spring Quarter: Attend workshops and begin faculty interviews
- Summer Quarter: Continue faculty interviews and the committee review process begins
To Learn More
Please contact email@example.com