Download SU's Recycling in the Office Guide here
Seattle U makes on-campus recycling easy. Check out the recycling solutions below to learn how to recycle your difficult-to-recycle items.
Don't see what you're looking for? Contact Nathan Wolk, Recycling Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Electronics, furniture, light bulbs, metal scrap, paint, large quantity of books - Submit a work request to have these items picked up from your office for recycling.
- Staff and faculty - put batteries in a box or envelope addressed to “Recycling-Dead Batteries” and send via campus mail.
- Students in the Residence Halls and Murphy - put batteries in the battery bin in the trash/recycling closets.
- Take rechargeable batteries from your home to a local store's drop off bin - find a store. Take alkaline batteries from your home to a King County Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
- Cell phones - Put in a box or envelope addressed to "Recycling" and send via campus mail.
- Office file purge - Submit a work request to have large wheeled recycling totes delivered to your office.
- Packing air bags, bubble wrap and peanuts - Bring to SUperCopy in the lower level of the James C. Pigott Leadership Pavilion. SUperCopy also gives out these materials for free, subject to availability.
- Styrene foam packaging - Place Styrene foam from your office or home next to your recycling bin. Put the foam in a plastic bag if you can to keep it clean and dry. Styrene foam must be dry, clean and have no tape, labels, metal objects or food on it. To identify your foam, look for the #6 or EPS inside the recycle symbol, bend the material and it will break and snap with loose beads.
- Toner cartridges – Put small cartridges in an envelope addressed to "Recycling" and send via campus mail. For large cartridges, tape a piece of scrap paper to the cartridge box addressed to "Recycling" and send via campus mail.
- Surplus and Reusable Items (Items that can be reused on campus, sold, or donated, such as furniture, electronics, office supplies, etc) - Fillout this Surplus Item Disposal Worksheet and submit to Facilities Services via work order. A Facilites Services staff member will contact you with next steps for disposal of surplus item(s).