Seattle University is a charter signatory of the American College & University President's Climate Commitment. We believe that higher education must educate students and conduct research to develop the social, economic and technological solutions to reverse global warming and lead by example to reduce our campus’s operational emissions.
We've committed to achieving these goals in Seattle University's Climate Action Plan (2010):
- ACADEMICS: Expand sustainability in the curriculum
- CO-CURRICULAR PROGRAMS: Expand sustainability in co-curricular programs and educate SU's campus community about climate change and sustainability outside the clasrroom
- OPERATIONS: Increase sustainable practices in university operations and eliminate greenhouse gas emissions from operations and transportation
- MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS: Share our sustainability knowledge and expertise with others
In 2011, The President’s Committee for Sustainability (PCS) was convened to oversee:
- The implementation of Seattle University's Climate Action Plan
- The integration of sustainability initiatives across the Seattle University community
Learn more about Seattle University's progress towards it Climate Action Plan goals HERE.