Careers at Albers
The Albers School of Business and Economics takes pride in the professional success our graduates find at leading companies throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond. And with the values-centered approach to business we emphasize in our Online MBA and Online MS in Business Analytics programs, we will train you to thrive in any organization as an ethical, thoughtful, innovative leader.
Join us at Albers, and get connected to career opportunities at Boeing, Nike, Amazon, Microsoft, and more.
Career Resources at Albers
To support the professional journeys of our Online MBA and MSBA students, Albers provides access to the following career advancement resources:
Firsthand: A company and industry database, career advice library, interview preparation resource, and more, Firsthand (access requires Seattle U ID) is a one-stop shop for Albers students and graduates who are searching for a new job. It allows you to:
- Search industries and professions to access quick, easy-to-read profiles of different career options
- Research thousands of company profiles and learn about their company culture, salaries, interviewing process, and other attributes
- Read career development e-books, full-text career guides covering interviewing and resume-building tips, in-depth overviews of industries, employers, and other career topics
- Explore articles, blog posts, and news to stay current on trending business topics and the most up-to-the-minute career advice
- Watch more than 1,800 career Q&A videos with no-nonsense advice from working professionals; new videos are added regularly!
- Access additional career tools such as networking advice, internship reviews and rankings, sample interview questions and videos, sample resumes, and much more!
Handshake: A job board and networking platform with a mobile-friendly infrastructure, Handshake (access requires Seattle U ID) connects college students and young alumni to a national network. Handshake's network gives students access to career opportunities and insights, provides employers with more comprehensive and efficient access to students, and helps colleges and universities increase student employment.
CareerShift: Designed for online job hunters, this platform uses an integrated set of tools to easily find job openings, in addition to providing access to a robust company and contact database. CareerShift (access requires Seattle U ID) allows Albers students and graduates to:
- Navigate published and hidden job openings successfully. Search, select, and store listings from all job boards and all company job postings
- Record and store your correspondence with all employers automatically
- Create unlimited resumes and cover letters. Easily access, save, print, and email your job hunting materials
- Make meaningful connections and contacts. Access in-depth information about job postings, companies, and potential contacts through CareerShift’s database
- Find companies that have sponsored H1-B visas. International students can access reports and see what companies have previously sponsored visas to work in the U.S.
- Search international job listings and company data. Search North America, Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, as well as most of South America and Europe