We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2016.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A 3.0 GPA. Applicants with a lower GPA may be admitted on a probationary basis.
- Official GRE results ONLY for students who have earned degrees from institutions issuing non-graded transcripts.
- Two years cumulative experience in a nonprofit organization or comparable work or volunteer experience. If you're uncertain, feel free to contact us with your resume.
- Applicants for whom English is not a native language must demonstrate English proficiency. English proficiency may be met with an official TOEFL score of 92 (IBT) / 580 (PBT); the IELTS exam with a minimum score of 7.0; PTE score of 62, or an institutional Michigan Proficiency Test result of at least 83%. Visit the MFA in Arts Leadership's international page for more information. For specific questions, contact Carol Lwali in Graduate Admissions.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents for consideration:
- A completed Graduate Admissions application form and required fee
- Official transcripts reflecting a four-year equivalent bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution as well as any post-baccalaureate coursework. Please have all official transcripts mailed directly to the Office of Admissions at Seattle University: 901 12th Avenue, P.O. Box 222000, Seattle, WA 98122-1090
- Current résumé reflecting at least two years management experience in a nonprofit organization or comparable work or volunteer experience
- Two recommendation form completed by individuals who have evaluated applicant's academic work or supervised practical experience and are able to assess potential for graduate study. These letters should address the applicant's potential for academic success at the graduate level, specifically noting the fit of the applicant to the mission and goals of Seattle University and the MFAL program.
- Two-page statement describing career objectives and discussing how participation in the program will help achieve goal.
- International students that completed their undergraduate work abroad must have their transcripts evaluated by ECE or EP. Details on how to do this can be found here. If you have further questions, please contact Carol Lwali in Graduate Admissions.
- Official English proficiency scores.
How to Apply
Complete your application from any location, edit and save your work in one or more sessions, and submit when you're ready. Apply now.
Apply by Mail
Request a paper copy of the application and mail or fax to submit.
Email email@example.com or call 206.296.2000 to request an application.
Seattle University Graduate Admissions
901 12th Avenue
P.O. Box 222000
Seattle, WA 98122-1090
For more information and to apply online, visit our Graduate Admissions website.