What type of applicant am I?
- Freshman: A student who has never attended college, or who has earned college credits but only prior to high school graduation.
- Home-schooled: A student who has received their education through home schooling experiences.
- Running Start : Washington state students that have enrolled in Running Start and are applying to Seattle University.
- Transfer: A student who has completed some college courses following high school graduation.
- International: A student who is not a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Readmission: A student who has been absent from Seattle University for four or more consecutive quarters and is returning to Seattle University to complete their first Bachelor's Degree.
- Non-matriculated: A student who wishes to take post-secondary or post-baccalaureate courses but does not intend to pursue a bachelor's degree, a certificate or fulfill prerequisites for a particular Seattle University degree program.
- Post-baccalaureate: Students who have already completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and who seek admission to complete additional undergraduate study.
Declaring a major
At Seattle University, applicants are accepted directly to their majors of choice at the time of admission. No worrying about whether you’ll be able to get into your major! Freshmen or transfers with less than Supplemental Application by checking the corresponding box (e.g. biology, or pre-major).