- Completed Application for Graduate Admission and non-refundable application fee (waived for Seattle University alumni). Apply Online.
- A four-year equivalent bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 calculated from official transcripts of all post-secondary educational institutions attended in the last 90 quarter/60 semester credits of your bachelor's degree, including any transfer credits earned during this time, and any post-baccalaureate course work.
- Professional résumé summarizing academic and related work experience, if any.
- Letter of intent (1-2 pages) discussing background, interests, and reasons for wanting to pursue Master’s degree in computer science.
- Two recommendations using the MSCS recommendation form from academic and/or professional recommenders who have evaluated academic work or supervised practical experience and are able to assess applicant’s potential for graduate study
- Official scores from a Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the last five years. Requirement can be waived for applicants holding U.S. graduate degrees from regionally accredited institution. PLEASE NOTE: Due to disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, GRE score submission is being waived for applicants intending to start during the 2021 calendar year. Applicants applying to begin in Winter 2021, Spring 2021, Summer 2021, and Fall 2021 quarters are not required to submit GRE scores to be evaluated for admission.
- If English is not applicant's native language, demonstration fo English profienciency is required for admission. Seattle University accepts TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test of English, and Duolingo tests. Please visit the Graduate Admissions International Students page for more information.
- In addition to the required official set of transcripts, degree certificates and/or graduation certificates as described by Graduate Admissions, all international applicants must also submit a detailed course-by-course report by a NACES-accredtied agency. Please visit the Graduate Admissions International Students page for more information.
If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (206) 296-5510.