- Completed Application for Graduate Admission and non-refundable application fee (waived for Seattle University alumni). Apply Online.
- A four-year equivalent bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 calculated from official transcripts of all post-secondary educational institutions attended in the last 90 quarter/60 semester credits of your bachelor's degree, including any transfer credits earned during this time, and any post-baccalaureate course work.
- Professional résumé summarizing academic and related work experience, if any.
- Letter of intent (1-2 pages) discussing background, interests, and reasons for wanting to pursue Master’s degree in computer science.
- Two recommendations using the MSCS recommendation form from academic and/or professional recommenders who have evaluated academic work or supervised practical experience and are able to assess applicant’s potential for graduate study
- Official scores from a Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the last five years. Requirement can be waived for applicants holding U.S. graduate degrees from regionally accredited institution. PLEASE NOTE: Due to disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, GRE score submission is being waived for applicants intending to start during the 2020-21 academic year. Applicants applying to begin in Fall 2020, Winter 2021, or Spring 2021 quarters are not required to submit GRE scores to be evaluated for admission.
- If English is not applicant's native language, official TOEFL paper-based score of 580 (92 internet-based) required. Equivalent IELTS or PTE scores also accepted to determine English Proficiency. Please visit the Graduate Admissions International Students page for more information.
- In addition to the required official set of transcripts, degree certificates and/or graduation certificates as described by Graduate Admissions, all international applicants must also submit a detailed course-by-course report of external evaluations by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) (www.ece.org) or Educational Perspectives (EP) (www.edperspective.org/seattleu/). Please visit the Graduate Admissions International Students page for more information.
Applications for full-time students seeking the Data Science specialization are only considered for fall quarter admission. If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (206) 296-5510.