When applying to the Masters in Structural Engineering program, please ensure that you have the following on hand to meet our program and educational requirements:
- Completed application for graduate admission - $0 application fee through Fall 2022.
- Evidence of an earned four-year baccalaureate degree in civil engineering from an ABET-accredited institution or its equivalent.
- Satisfactory academic performance in mechanics-related courses (such as statics and mechanics of materials) as well as structural design courses (such as reinforced concrete and steel design); GPA in those relevant courses of 3.0 or above is typical for successful applicants (consistent with the minimum required GPA to maintain good status once enrolled in the program) but lower GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants from other related disciplines may be eligible following completion of pre-requisite courses with satisfactory grades.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to assess applicant’s potential for graduate study. At least one recommendation should be from a university professor.
- International Students: Applicants for whom English is a non-native language must demonstrate English proficiency regardless of English language studies, residence in the United States or an English-speaking country, or immigration status. Graduate applicants with a baccalaureate or higher degree from recognized colleges in the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia and who have continued to reside in countries where English is the primary language for at least two years prior to applying to Seattle University will have this requirement waived. Please visit the International Admissions page for more information.