The Partnerships in Global Health Equity Committee (PGHEC) recommends the following resources to inform your exploration of global health.
Journals and Books
Many of these publications can be accessed at the Seattle University Library.
- Wilson, J., Merry, S., & Franz, W. (2012). Rules of engagement: The principles of underserved global health volunteerism. The American Journal of Medicine,125(6), 612-617.
- Cosgrove, S, Idiaquez, J., Bent, L.J., Gorvetzian, A. (2021). Surviving the Americas: Garifuna persistence from Nicaragua to New York City. University of Cincinnati Press
- Saussy, H. (2010). Partner to the Poor: A Paul Farmer Reader.
- Farmer, P. (2005). Pathologies of Power: Health, Human Rights, and the New War on the Poor.
- Farmer, P. Kim, JY., Kleinman, A., Basilico, M. (2013). Reimagining Global Health: An Introduction.