Where should application materials be sent?

All application materials not submitted with the online application should be sent to the following address:

Office of Graduate Admission
Seattle University
901 12th Avenue
P.O. Box 222000
Seattle, WA 98122-1090

Questions about application materials can be sent to grad-application@seattleu.edu.

What if supporting materials are received before my application?

If we receive supporting materials such as transcripts before receiving your application we will add them to your record to await the submission of your application.

How should transcripts be received by the Office of Graduate Admission?

We can use unofficial copies of your transcripts for admission purposes which you can upload through the online application portal. If admitted you would have your first quarter of enrollment to provide us with official copies. To be considered official, transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the college or university. Transcripts may be delivered to our office via the applicant as long as it remains in its original unopened university envelope. We do also accept official electronic transcripts sent directly from the institution or their service provider.

What tests are required for admission?

Each program has its own unique admission requirements. Some programs require standardized test scores and others do not. Certain programs may also only require scores if your GPA falls below a certain number. For information on the admission requirements for a specific program, please see the graduate programs list and search for your program of interest. Please be aware that test scores are required from any applicant who does not have at least 2 years of graded coursework from which to calculate a GPA. Seattle University's GRE & TOEFL code is 4695, GMAT code is 5613 and MAT code is 2287.

Do you accept 3 year degrees?

We would .require an exam in order to recognize your three year degree regardless of whether the program you are applying to requires an exam. You can read our 3 year degree policy here.

How is my GPA calculated?

For master’s programs, our GPA will be calculated based upon your last two years of graded coursework from your bachelor's degree plus any post-baccalaureate coursework. For post-master's certificates and programs, as well as the doctoral program. your GPA will be based upon the master’s GPA. 

How will I be notified regarding the status of my application and the admission decision?

When you submit your application you will be sent an email containing a URL link to your app tracker by which you will be able to monitor the status of your application. When a final decision has been entered you will receive an email with instructions about how to access your decision electronically. 

If English is not my native language must I take a proficiency exam?

Yes, unless you have earned a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or other designated country, the medium of instruction for your degree was English or you have satisfied the requirement through another approved designated method. You can read our English proficiency policy here.

Does Seattle University provide a transcript request form for me to order the necessary transcripts?

No, we do not have a form that allows applicants to authorize transcripts to be sent to us. Transcript ordering procedures vary from one institution to another and we suggest you familiarize yourself with the requirements for your institution(s) to insure that we can be sent official transcripts in a timely fashion. 

How can I update my application and/or contact information?

If your plans change and you need to move your application to a different term, please complete the form found here. You may also contact our office at grad-admissions@seattleu.edu or 206-220-8010.