Seattle University President's Club:
Uncommon Generosity, Extraordinary Impact
Seattle University’s President’s Club recognizes donors making leadership-level contributions to the university. In appreciation for their support, members are granted deeper engagement with the university and the distinction of the Loyola family crest.
The Loyola family—ancestors of St. Ignatius—were known for sharing their abundance with the community and surrounding wilderness. Their crest, featuring two wolves eating from a hanging pot, commemorates this generosity. At Seattle University, we use this symbol to honor our most generous donors: President’s Club members.
President’s Club members play a direct role in the university’s success. All across campus, they support the unique opportunities that shape Seattle University students into the purposeful leaders of tomorrow. Empower leaders for a just and humane world. Join today or contact President's Club Liaison Isabel Velez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-296-6301 for more information.
President’s Club: Donors giving $1,000 or more annually.
President’s Leadership Circle: Donors giving $5,000 or more annually.
GOLD President’s Club: Graduates of the Last Decade giving $500 or more annually.
Qualification and Benefits
Membership qualification is based on cumulative giving between January 1 and December 31. You may use multiple gifts to qualify, and gifts to all Seattle University funds as well as corporate matching gifts count toward your membership goal. Once qualification is reached, your membership will be active for the remainder of the calendar year, or if joining in October - December, through the end of the following calendar year.
Along with additional benefits specific to each recognition level, all members receive:
- Deeper engagement with the university through enhanced communications and access, including:
- a biannual e-newsletter featuring impact stories and university insights
- borrowing privileges at the dynamic Lemieux Library & McGoldrick Learning Commons
- special notes of gratitude from students, faculty or staff
- Invitation to members-only events and receptions
- Complimentary campus parking during events and meetings
- To arrange complimentary parking for a campus visit, event or meeting, please reach out to President's Club Liaison Isabel Velez at email@example.com or 206-296-6301. We will respond to your request within two business days.
Details and Answers to FAQs
To arrange complimentary parking for a campus visit, event or meeting, please reach out to Presidents Club Liaison Isabel Velez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-296-6301. Alternately, if you have another preferred campus contact, please feel free to reach out to them. We will respond to your request within two business days.
- When reaching out to the President’s Club Liaison or your preferred campus contact, please plan to provide the date, purpose, time and approximate duration of your visit, as well as your name and license plate number. After receiving your request, we will respond within two business days to confirm that your parking has been arranged.
- If you need parking more urgently, such as the current or next day, please call Presidents Club Liaison Isabel Velez at 206-296-6301. We will likely be able to rush process your request.
- If you plan to be on campus for multiple occurrences, such as weekly, monthly or quarterly meetings—or recurring dates such as Athletics’ games—we’d be happy to schedule recurring parking for you. Please simply provide dates and times when you reach out.
- Note for Seattle U Faculty, Staff and Student Members: Faculty, staff, students and their respective spouses/partners may utilize this parking benefit in adherence with its intended purpose of facilitating easier parking for events and meetings. The pass is not intended to be used for general work, class attendance or teaching.
Tiers and Membership
New members are added monthly. Once your giving reaches $1,000 (or $500 for Graduates of the Last Decade), you will receive an email and/or letter welcoming you into the Club, and your membership will be active for the remainder of the year. As a courtesy, if qualification is reached in the final quarter of the year (October through December), your membership will be active through the end of the following calendar year.
If you have any questions, or feel that you should be a member but have not received a welcome email or letter, please reach out to Presidents Club Liaison Isabel Velez at email@example.com or 206-296-6301.
- Monthly Recurring Donors: If you give monthly, your President’s Club membership will be activated once your cumulative giving for the year reaches $1,000 (or $500 for Graduates of the Last Decade). Similar to all types of donors, if you reach this amount in the final quarter of the year (October through December), as a courtesy your membership will be active through the following calendar year.
- President’s Leadership Circle: President’s Club members giving at the $1,000 level who increate their cumulative giving to $5,000 at any point in the year will be invited to join the President’s Leadership Circle, which receives an even deeper level of engagement and access to VIP events. Upgrades are processed monthly, and after reaching this generous giving level, you will receive an email and/or letter welcoming you into the Circle. Donors may also enter at the President’s Leadership Circle level by making an initial gift of $5,000.
- GOLD President’s Club: The Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) tier is for alumni who received their graduate, undergraduate, or certificate degree in the last 10 years. This time frame will advance each year as a new class graduates.
- Throughout 2020 this includes the Classes of 2010-2019.
- Beginning in 2021, this will include the Classes of 2011-2020.
- Once your class year has fallen out of the timeframe, you may renew your President’s Club membership by reaching the $1,000 level.
Gifts and Qualification
- Qualifying Gifts: 1) Any type of cash, check, credit / debit card, stock, or direct debit gift made over the phone, online, in person or via mail. 2) Payments on pledges. 3) Corporate matching gifts. 4) The tax-deductible portion of event purchases and donations.
- Qualifying Funds and Causes: Gifts to all official Seattle University 501c3 funds, causes, programs, schools, colleges, centers, etc. count toward your President’s Club membership.
- Spouses & Partners: Your President’s Club membership applies to both you and your spouse / partner. If you or your spouse / partner are a GOLD alum (Graduate of the Last Decade), your household may access the $500 GOLD President’s Club qualification level.