GMAT/GRE Waiver for Online Business Programs
For prospective students navigating their graduate application during the COVID-19 pandemic, the GMAT or GRE testing requirement is now considered optional for anyone applying to a non-law graduate program that begins in the 2021-2022 academic year (summer 2021 through fall of 2022).
For applicants in the 2021-2022 academic year (summer 2021 through fall of 2022): Seattle University is proud to offer a GMAT/GRE waiver for qualified applicants to our Online MBA and Online Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) programs. While we recognize that this test can help gauge whether a student will succeed in our challenging, hands-on programs, we know there are other ways to prove your capabilities that are equally telling. Whether it’s your previous academic history or recent performance on a math assessment, we will consider a variety of performance indicators to ensure that you can effectively manage the demands of Seattle U’s online business programs.
Online MBA GMAT/GRE Waiver Requirements
- Quantitative Master of Science degree in a STEM area (science, technology, engineering, and math), finance, or accounting with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Full Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation
- A terminal degree (JD, MD, PhD, etc.)
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with a GPA of 3.25 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) from the Albers School of Business and Economics
- Bachelor’s degree with GPA of 3.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) from Seattle University
- Bachelor’s degree with GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) and at least five years of relevant professional work experience
- Bachelor’s degree with GPA of 3.25 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) and at least three years of relevant professional work experience
Seattle University may also accept GMAT/GRE scores older than five years on a case-by-case basis, depending on work experience, as long as you can provide the Office of Admissions with an official GMAT or GRE score report.
Please note: An approved waiver does not guarantee admission to the Seattle University Online MBA program.
Online MSBA GMAT/GRE Waiver Requirements
- Possess an undergraduate or graduate degree in a STEM field (science, technology, engineering, and math), business, or a social science field with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Pass a GMAT Waiver Math Assessment with a minimum score of 75 percent. Contact an Admissions Advisor for more information about this option
Please note: An approved waiver does not guarantee admission to the Seattle University Online MSBA program.