International applicants and those with international transcripts should consult the International Requirements Page, for deadlines and other requirements, as they may differ.
- Completed Graduate Admission online application.
- Evidence of a four-year equivalent bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Applicants earning a bachelor's degree from a non-graded institution must submit official GRE scores in lieu of GPA.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary educational institutions attended in last 90 quarter/60 semester credits of the bachelor's degree, including any transfer credit earned during this time, and any post-baccalaureate course work. Minimum grade point average of 3.00 (GPA) is required. In special cases, those with a GPA less than a 3.00 will be admitted on a probationary basis.
- One letter of recommendation from a person who can speak to your professional and/or academic abilities, and to your potential for leadership in the nonprofit sector.
- Current resumé. One year of relevant professional experience in the nonprofit sector, paid or unpaid, is preferred.
- Please answer one of these questions in 250-500 words:
(1) Describe your professional and personal goals, and explain how you expect your education with the Master of Nonprofit Leadership program to further those goals.
(2) What questions do you have about nonprofit leadership, and how will your education with the Master of Nonprofit Leadership program assist you to address those questions?
- Candidates will be contacted for an conversation with the Nonprofit Leadership director or a faculty member.
- Applicants for whom English is a non-native language must demonstrate English proficiency regardless of English language studies, residence in the United States or an English-speaking country, or immigration status. Graduate applicants with a baccalaureate or higher degrees from recognized colleges in the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia and who have continued to reside in countries where English is the primary language for at least two years prior to applying to Seattle University will have this requirement waived. English proficiency may be met with an official TOEFL score of 92 (IBT), or 580 (PBT); the IELTS exam with a minimum score of 7.0; PTE score of 63.