Apply Now for Fall 2018
Update on 11/22/2017: The process for admissions to the Master of Nonprofit Leadership program for Fall 2018 has changed, and the new process is reflected below. If you already completed an application for 2018 using the old guidelines, we will accept that application and you do not need to resubmit. If you have questions, please contact Hoang Ngo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for admission to the Master of Nonprofit Leadership (MNPL) program, please assemble the following and send to the Graduate Admissions Office:
Application Instructions and Procedures
International applicants and those with international transcripts should consult the International Requirements Page, for deadlines and other requirements, as they may differ.
- Completed Graduate Admission online application
Nonrefundable $55 application fee (waived for Seattle University alumni, employees, and national service alumni).
- Evidence of a four-year equivalent bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Applicants earning a bachelor's degree from a non-graded institution must submit official GRE scores in lieu of GPA.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary educational institutions attended in last 90 quarter/60 semester credits of the bachelor's degree, including any transfer credit earned during this time, and any post-baccalaureate course work. Minimum grade point average of 3.00 (GPA) is required. In special cases, those with a GPA less than a 3.00 will be admitted on a probationary basis.
- Two letters of recommendations from people who can speak to your professional and/or academic abilities, and to your potential for leadership in the nonprofit sector.
Current résumé reflecting one year of relevant professional experience in the nonprofit sector, paid or unpaid, is preferred.
- Please answer one of these questions in approximately 500 words or two pages double-spaced:
(1) Describe your professional and personal goals, and explain how you expect your education with the Master of Nonprofit Leadership program to further those goals. (2) What questions do you have about nonprofit leadership, and how will your education with the Master of Nonprofit Leadership program assist you to address those questions?
- Applicants for whom English is a non-native language must demonstrate English proficiency regardless of English language studies, residence in the United States or an English-speaking country, or immigration status. Graduate applicants with a baccalaureate or higher degrees from recognized colleges in the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia and who have continued to reside in countries where English is the primary language for at least two years prior to applying to Seattle University will have this requirement waived. English proficiency may be met with an official TOEFL score of 92 (IBT), or 580 (PBT); the IELTS exam with a minimum score of 7.0; PTE score of 63.
Applications for Fall 2018 are currently being accepted on a rolling basis.
Please mail completed application packets to:
Graduate Admissions Office
901 12th Avenue
P.O. Box 222000
Seattle, WA 98122-1090
Tuition for the 2017-18 academic year is $687 per credit hour (subject to change by Seattle University Board of Trustees). The MNPL degree is a 45-credit program, so the total cost for tuition is $30,915.
For more information about financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office. Partial scholarships are available.
We encourage you to attend an information session. Please see the Admissions Office for more detailed information on admissions, including information for non-native English speakers.
Applications are available online. Admission packets may be obtained from the Admissions Office or from Casey 2 West.