Review of applications takes place during the winter for admission into the program in the following fall term. January 15th is the priority admission deadline. The program, however, will continue to accept applications until the cohort is filled.
The easiest way to apply is through Seattle University's online application process.
The application will require:
- A copy of the completed graduate application.
- An official, sealed transcript from each college and university you have attended, regardless of whether credits are posted on another school’s transcripts.
- An autobiographical essay of 6-8 pages double spaced. Details on this what the essay should address are described in the application process.
- An academic writing sample such as an undergraduate paper.
- Three letters of recommendation. Your recommenders can submit these electronically. If they submit them in hard copy format, your recommenders should seal and sign their envelopes, then post them directly to Graduate Admissions. Permission to contact your recommenders is assumed.
- Note: MAP does not use an official recommendation letter form. Your recommenders can use their own stationary as long as they seal the envelope and sign across the seal.
- Applicants who pass the initial review process will be invited in for an on campus or telephone interview with a faculty member.
*Note: Six prerequisite psychology courses must be completed before entering the program in the fall. If you have not yet completed all of these courses, you may still apply as long as you outline a plan for completing them before the start of the program.