Admissions take place in fall quarter. The program will accept applications until the cohort is filled. Application packets are available from Graduate Admissions or the Psychology Department. Request that an official transcript be sent to Graduate Admissions from every college or university attended. Confirm with each institution their policy for issuing official transcripts. If mailed to you directly, the transcript must remain in a sealed envelopes. Carefully assemble application materials as instructed below. Assemble the following documents and send them in the manila envelope addressed to Graduate Admission.
- A copy of the completed graduate application.
- One official, sealed transcript from each college and university you have attended, regardless whether credits are posted on another school’s transcripts. To maintain their official status, please do not open them.
- An autobiographical essay of 6-8 pages double spaced.
- A writing sample such as an undergraduate paper.
- Three letters of recommendation. Your recommenders must seal and sign their envelopes before returning them to you. To maintain their official status, please do not open them. Permission to contact your recommenders is assumed.
- Note: MAP does not require any official recommendation letter forms. Your recommenders can use their own stationary as long as they seal the envelope and sign across the seal.
- Important: Recommendations are to be sent to Graduate Admissions.
- Send original application, the fee, and one set of transcripts in the envelope addressed to Graduate Admissions.
- Those applicants who have reached the final screening will be contacted for an interview. Applications will continue to be screened until the cohort is filled. Upon acceptance, a $100 non-refundable tuition deposit is required to be submitted to Student Financial Services.
- To obtain an application packet, please visit the Graduate Admissions site. You can also apply online.
- *Note: The six prerequisite psychology courses must be completed before class begins in the Fall Quarter. If you have not yet completed all five you may still apply as long as you outline a plan for completing them by the beginning of Fall Quarter.