Purpose of the groups:
- To provide mentoring, connection, and support during transition from graduation to professional life
- To address professional development issues and questions
- Share resources
- Build peer relations and community
- Provide space for reflection and dialogue
- To support the whole person – body-mind-soul-spirit
- The groups are a space to cultivate connection and growth, and are not intended to provide therapy, case consultation, or clinical supervision.
- Each group is facilitated by a MAP licensed alumni (stipend provided – for administration only)
- Each group will have 4-6 participants who are MAP graduates, pre-licensure, and 1-3 years post-graduation.
- Participants are assigned to a group that will meet quarterly for 2 hours each meeting (Fall-Winter-Spring-Summer)
- The group facilitator provides a meeting place and coordinates dates/times with participants. The role of the group facilitator is to hold the space and move the group process along as needed. Although the facilitator is further along in her/his professional and clinical experience, the group is a collaborative process rather than a didactic experience.
- Each group will have a common general agenda, providing topics and readings to stimulate a discussion. Although, each group will have the freedom to respond to the particular needs and issues that arise naturally within the group.
- The groups are process oriented and collaborative
Basic group agenda:
- Self check-in: writing or drawing what you’re coming in with/what you’re hoping for/need this group
- Group check-in: share thoughts/feelings/concerns/needs/expectations for today’s group
- Identify/explore/discuss a life transition phase – how group members may or may not relate to this particular phase (A transition model will be used – TBD, perhaps Transitions by William Bridges)
- Reflection and dialogue on reading
- Resource sharing/professional development issues. This can include topics around licensing, supervision, building a private practice, professional development opportunities, etc.
- Closing/wrap-up/confirm next date and short reading assignment
For information, contact Shannon Solie.