Application to the Program

The first step in applying to Honors is to submit your Common Application to the university. Once your application has been processed by the admissions team, if you have applied to a program compatible with Honors, you will see an invitation to submit an application to the Honors program towards the bottom your SU application portal/checklist. 

Competitive applicants to the University Honors program demonstrate a sustained record of academic excellence, as evidenced by a strong GPA (typically 3.5 or better) and letters of recommendation.

University Honors students receive an annual $1,800 Honors scholarship in addition to other merit scholarships and financial aid.

University Honors Application Deadlines for fall of 2024:

November 25  Priority Deadline One

January 25 Priority Deadline Two 

Please note:

  • Due to their credit-intensive requirements in the first two years, the following majors are compatible only with Innovations: Nursing, Diagnostic Ultrasound, BS in Computer Science, BS in Biology, and BS majors who pursue the Pre-Health Pathway.
  • Pre-Health students majoring with a BA in Biology, English, Creative Writing, History or Philosophy can take any of the three Honors tracks.
  • Science majors majoring with a BA can take any of the tracks
  • Engineering students cannot be admitted to the University Honors Program because of class schedule conflicts.
  • Matteo Ricci students are ineligible for the University Honors Program because its program of study has a separate curriculum.

Do you have questions about the Honors Program?

Email us at Honors with your questions.