The first step in applying to Honors is to submit your Common Application to the university. Once your application has been processed by the admissions team, if you have applied to a program compatible with Honors, you will see an invitation to submit an application to the Honors program towards the bottom your SU application portal/checklist.
Competitive applicants to the University Honors program demonstrate a sustained record of academic excellence, as evidenced by a strong GPA (typically 3.5 or better) and letters of recommendation.
University Honors students receive an annual $1,800 Honors scholarship in addition to other merit scholarships and financial aid.
- November 22: Honors Priority Deadline 1
- January 24: Honors Priority Deadline 2
- February 15: Honors Priority Deadline 3
- The Nursing major is compatible only with Innovations. Nursing majors should apply to the Innovations track
- The Computer Science major is compatible only with Innovations. Computer Science majors should apply to the Innovation Track
- Diagnostic Ultrasound majors should apply to the Intellectual Traditions or Society, Policy & Citizenship track
The Pre-Health Pathway: Pre-health students majoring in Biology, English, Creative Writing, History or Philosophy can take any of the three Honors tracks. Pre-Health students enrolled in majors other than Biology, English, Creative Writing, History or Philosophy should take the Innovations track.
- Majors that are credit-intensive with required courses in the first year, such as science majors, fit best with the Innovations track.
- At this time, engineering students cannot be admitted to the University Honors Programs because of class schedule conflicts.
- Matteo Ricci students are ineligible for the University Honors Program because its program of study has a separate curriculum.
Do you have questions about the Honors Program?
Email us at Honors or call (206) 296-5305