Summer learning programs are essential to a young person’s academic and social development. The Youth Initiative unites the campus and community to offer summer learning and enrichment activities for over 300 neighborhood children and youth from kindergarten to college.
- Elementary School: Each summer, through our partnerships with Bailey Gatzert Elementary and the Youth Tutoring Program, we engage 60 rising first through fifth graders in summer learning. The seven-week intensive program focuses on math and reading skills.
- Middle School: Upwards of 75 middle school students participate in summer learning programs. 50 students participate in a six-week program incorporating reading, math, and athletics. Additionally, 15 students participate in a robotics program.
- High School: We engage over 130 high school students in a wide variety of programs aimed at high school and college transitions, academic enrichment, STEM, media, and career development.
Thank you to our community partners who make these summer learning opportunities possible:
- Bailey Gatzert Elementary
- City of Seattle Summer Youth Employment
- City of Seattle Upward Bound
- College Success Foundation
- Garfield High School
- Meredith Mathews YMCA
- Multimedia Resources and Training Institute
- Rotary Boys and Girls Club
- Washington Middle School
- YMCA College Transition Program
- Youth in Focus
- Youth Tutoring Program (Catholic Community Services)