The Seattle University Youth Initiative provides campus—students, faculty, staff, and alumni—with opportunities to lead for a just and humane world. The Initiative also enhances the University’s education and research programs by providing service-learning and research experience. There are plenty of opportunities for members of the Seattle University community to get involved and lend a hand.
- Well over 1,000 students serve in the SUYI neighborhood
- Dozens of faculty are involved in teaching and research
- Staff serve at SUYI sites through days of service and their service leave benefit
Looking for ways to join the Initiative? There are many different ways that campus can engage in the Youth Initiative. Here are just a few options:
- Use your service leave benefit. Staff can use their service leave benefit to volunteer during normal work hours. Contact HR for more information.
- Offer a service-learning course. Faculty can incorporate a SUYI service-learning component into their courses.
- Enroll in the SUYI Leadership seminar. Students can enroll in the two-course SUYI Leadership seminar series.
- Sign up to receive monthly updates. The Center for Community Engagement send out community engagement email updates each month. To be added to the list, email email@example.com.