Holistic Merit Scholarship
The holistic scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that looks at the whole person. Majority of our scholarships provide full tuition coverage, less the registration fee of $25 per week on-campus. We review a student's application on a variety of factors outside of financial need. Some of the factors we consider when reviewing each applicant are:
- Financial need: We review each applicant's financial need based on their household income, number of students in college, household size and other financial challenges.
- Academic achievements: Based on your academic achievements and awards you've received while in school. We also look at what else you're involved in outside of school that may impact your academic achievements such as work, household obligations, and more.
- Community service: As a community service-oriented institution we look at your involvement in the community. This includes cleaning up parks, volunteering at school, or even work at your place of worship.
- Ethnicity: Scholarships are prioritized for students with heritages of Black/African American, Hmong American, Latino/Hispanic, Indigenous/Native American, Nepalese American, and Pacific Islander descents.
Before you apply make sure you fit the following criteria:
- Have completed your application to participate in an academic summer program.
- Be a student in Washington State secondary/high school.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 or demonstrate strong academic performance.
How to apply?
There are three main steps to completing the Holistic Merit Scholarship application. Make sure you complete the steps below before March 30, 2020, in order to be considered for an award.
- Complete the application for a pre-collegiate summer camp by clicking here.
- When completing the application select yes for "My family would like to be considered for a scholarship to support my attendance" on page 2.
- Complete the scholarship application, with your parent/guardian, that is emailed to you or by clicking here.
- Have your reference complete their recommendation by clicking the link that is emailed to them or by clicking here.