Transformative Technologies: Criminal Justice & Technology
A thirteen day, twelve night, on-campus experience for college-bound rising sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Seattle University's Transformative Technologies is an interdisciplinary program focused on the impacts of machine learning, criminal justice, and innovation. Throughout the two weeks you will select a modern ethical and social issue to address through AI while gaining exposure to university life in the Seattle area.
Grade Level: The Transformative Technologies program is open to rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING AN ACADEMIC SUMMER CAMP
- Receive 2 college credits for successful completion.
- Live in college dorms for the duration of the program.
- Attend criminal justice, computer science, and business classes taught by Seattle University professors.
- Visit corporate partners’ headquarters.
- Participate in a team AI innovation competition.
- Workshops on financial literacy, admission process, financial aid, and more.
- Work with, as a team, an undergraduate from Seattle University.
- Fun activities such as ice cream socials, usage of the university field, and more.
- Basic programming for algorithms (no background required)
- Data collection and processing
- Ethical uses of data
- Ethical development of AI
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Financial Literacy for College Life
- Diversity Resistance
- Personal Statement Writing for College
- Personal Branding
|Cost of Attendance|| |
|Program Tuition [What you pay]
|Holistic Merit Scholarship [Maximum Award Possible]
|Program Registration Fee
Scholarships are available!
Additional Holistic Merit Scholarship Awards are available to support students in participating. We encourage you to learn more and apply today!