Student Development Commuter and Transfer Student Life (CTSL) aims to provide the support and resources our students need. If we can't provide you the answer, one of our cooperating offices here at Seattle University can. Follow these links for more information about the many resources on campus.


Looking for more support as a Transfer or Commuter student?

Commuter and Transfer Student Life is here to support transfer and commuter students at SU through Transfer Transitions, Transfer Talks, Transfermation Lunches, the Commuter Advocacy Association, and the Collegia Program.

Are you a Veteran?

Commuter and Transfer Student life serves veterans and offers a website that provides links to resources such as veteran's navigator, veterans club, etc.

Are you a student and a parent?

Students woho are parents is a loose organization of Seattle University's undergrads, graduate students and law school students who gather occasionally for advocacy, coalition building, and friendship.

Interested in multicultural & GLBTQI student affairs?

The Office of Multicultural Affairs, located in Student Center 130, works with all members of the university community in a social justice framework to promote the leadership formation, wellness, and success of students of color and queer students.

Interested in the Graduate Student Council?

Graduate Student Council's mission is to improve the graduate student experience at SU by communicating the needs and ideas of the graduate student body to the University.

Are you an international student or just interested in diversity?

The International Student Center supports the international student population on campus. Programs and events include the International Dinner, International Education Week, and the I-Buddy program. The ISC lounge (located in the James C. Pigott Pavilion) is also available to all SU students to relax and meet and meet new people from all around the world.

Interested in New Student Programs?

New Student & Family Programs supports new students with their transition into university life with programs such as Orientations & New Student Immersions.


Need someone to talk to?

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is committed to helping students who may be experiencing depression & anxiety, life crises, identity issues, relationship concerns, or difficulty with life transitions through counseling & psychological services. These services included time-limited group, couple, and individual psychotherapy, which are free of charge to students enrolled in classes at SU.

Have a Disability?

Disabilities Services provides accommodations for students with learning, physical, and/or psychological disabilities to ensure students are able to participate fully in all aspects of university life.


The Student Health Center provides health care services such as general physicals, women's annual exams, immunizations, treatment of injuries, & allergy shots. Insurance information also provided on the website.


Bon Appetit's website lets you know exactly what is being served for the upcoming week at each of the six dining places on campus.


Do you want to learn more about SU's Values?

Redhawk Commitment and Integrity Formation educate students about community standards, personal choices and how the student conduct system operates.

Interested in going on a retreat?

Campus Ministry is the place to go if you want to participate in retreats, service, liturgy & worship, immersions, social justice education, & reflection activities.

Interested in being a leader?

The Office of Leadership Development looks to develop student leaders through programs and events such as: First-Year Leadership Institute, Lunches with Leaders, Leadership Blitz, LEAD Team, & Women's Reading Circle.

Curious about how to get involved?

Student Activities offers resources for starting student clubs, collaborating with on and off campus organizations, and creating programs that contribute to a vital and engaged campus.


Considering living on or off campus?

You can apply to live in one of the many university residence halls managed by Housing and Residence (HRL) by visiting their website. The site also contains Off-Campus Housing listings.

Transfer students may apply for housing online and are placed in housing based on the number of credits they have when they are join the Seattle University community. Students are encouraged to confirm the number of credits that Seattle University has approved as it is instrumental in determining their eligibility for placement.

Transfer students will have the option to preference a building, room, and/or roommate. Freshmen transfer students who are under the age of 21 will be placed in one of our traditional residence halls. These are Campion, Bellarmine, and Xavier Halls. Sophomore transfer students under the age of 21 will be placed in either our aforementioned Residence Halls or in our Sophomore Engagement Learning Communities located in Chardin Hall and the Murphy Apartments. Freshman, sophomore and under 21 transfers are required to live on campus and are guaranteed space.

Transfer junior, senior, and students over 21 years of age are not required to live on campus. Applications for these students will be placed on a space available basis. We recommend that junior, senior, and students over 21 years of age explore all of their options in housing since we are not able to guarantee housing for these students. Placement will be based on availability, need, and date the application is received. Priority for housing assignments will be given to transfer students who are transferring from out of state and for students not living in a commutable distance. Space will be extremely limited for fall 2012 so it is likely that few juniors, seniors and over 21 students will be placed.

Applications are accepted as soon May 1st, on an on-going basis throughout the academic year. If an application is received prior to May 1st, the student will have a May 1st priority (as opposed to the date they turned in the application, i.e. an April application would get May 1st priority).

Apply for Housing

Housing and Residence Life assists with finding off-campus housing, at the website above. Transfers may also want to post requests on the Transfer Facebook page.

Need a comfortable place on campus to spend time between classes?

The Collegia Program offers homelike community environments for commuters and transfers organized by different populations.


Need help writing a resume or finding an internship?

Career Services, located in the James C. Pigott Pavilion, can help you with writing resumes and cover letters, finding a job or an internship, interview preparation, graduate school advising, and more.

Looking for job listings on and off campus?

Redhawk Network can help you find online student employment, internships, etc.


Interested in going to the Library?

The Lemieux Library offers research tools such as online databases; study rooms are available along with a 24 hour study space. The McGoldrick Learning Commons is also located in the library. There is also a Law Library.

Need help with your homework or study skills?

Learning Assistance Programs provides services such as tutoring, consultations with a learning specialist, learning strategy workshops, and group study opportunities.

The Writing Center can assist all majors with writing projects at any stage of the writing process.


Interested in recreational sports or outdoor activities?

Recreational Sports has opportunities for students to participate in Sport Clubs, group fitness classes, Outdoor Adventrue Recreation (OAR), intramural sports and more.

Interested in attending a sporting event?

The athletics website, can tell you everything from schedules to the school's fight song, and they even have a Facebook and Twitter.

Curious about our student paper on campus?

The Spectator has been our official student newspaper since 1933; it is published in print on a weekly basis.

Interested in listening to campus radio station?

, the student-run radio station, broadcasts 24/7 online from the basement of Campion Hall.


Need to address safety or transportation concerns?

Public Safety can offer you information about parking, transit, and carpooling passes. They also offer services such as the  Nighthawk safefy escort, lost and foundbike resources and more.

Need to find out important dates or the final exam schedule?

The Redhawk Axis can easily be found online.

Need to purchase textbooks?

The Seattle University bookstore, located in the University Services Building, can help you buy, sell, and rent textbooks, and carries all types of SU gear!

Lost your campus card or haven't gotten one yet?

The Information Technology Services (OIT) has a help desk located in Engineering 313 where you can get a campus card printed. Use your campus card for a variety of uses, such as: purchasing meals/snacks on campus, entering the library after hours, renting library books, and getting access to the Fitness Center.

Technologically challenged?

The Information Technology Servicescan assist you with email and student accounts, ANGEL, SUOnline, & Campus Card problems and questions.

Need to mail a package or make copies?

Reprographic Services, Mailing Services, and Supercopy are located in the lower level of the James C. Pigott Pavilion.

Need help registering for classes or with your transcript?

Registration, Absence, & Withdrawal Procedures The Registrar assists students with class registration, grading, grading evaluation, academic transcript processing, and academic record protection and maintenance.

Need help to choose a major or evaluate your learning style?

Student Academic Services Student Academic Services helps to coordinate Learning Assistance and Disability services, and provides advising support for pre-major students.

Have any sort of financial questions or concerns?

Student Financial Services Student Financial Services, located at the back of the University Services building, offers guidance with tuition payments, financial aid, scholarships, budget management and more.

Looking for a list of available classes?

SUOnline provides online tools for students, faculty, employees, and prospective students.