Alumni have the exciting opportunity to participate in the 2015 China study abroad trip! Participants will visit Beijing, Nanjing, and Shanghai?the three most important cities in modern Chinese history?and Suzhou, one of China's oldest cities. They will also hear from guest lecturers, and learn how China's long history is shaping its reemergence as a world power in the 21st Century. The trip will take place June 22-July 6.
Sites you'll see:
- Beijing: Tiananmen Square, Museum and Heavenly Temple, the Great Wall, Matteo Ricci Tomb and Jesuit Observatory, Summer Palace
- Nanjing: Sun Yat-sen Monument, Ming Tomb, Museum of Nanjing Massacre
- Suzhou:Tiger Hill, Tongi Water Town
- Shanghai: Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Museum, Museum of the CCP first congress, the Bund Pudong District, Shanghai World Financial Center?
- ?$1885 per person (based on double occupancy, does not include airfare)
- Weekly study session on campus, Mondays, 3:45 ? 5:50 p.m., with Kan Liang, Tom Taylor, alumni and students. Study sessions meet March 30 - May 11, 2015. Alumni are not expected to take the class final.?
- All hotels?
- All guided tours?
- All admissions to sites?
- 25 meals (daily breakfasts, 9 lunches, and 4 dinners)?
- All travel within cities by air-conditioned motor coach and between cities by train?
- April 1, 2015: Nonrefundable $300 deposit due
- April 15, 2015: Full payment due
- March 31, 2015: Course begins
- June 22-July 6: Travel dates