Hello Staff Colleagues:
The Staff Council Steering Committee held three open forums over the last several weeks, and we appreciate the many campus members who attended and participated in these important events. In each forum, Steering Committee members reviewed the work completed to date, presented proposals and facilitated dialogue around the following areas:
- How do we ensure, as much as possible, representation of all Seattle U staff on the council?
- How should the nominations and elections processes work?
- When will elections be held? When will the Staff Council begin meeting?
If you weren’t able to attend an open forum, you can view the presentation slides and handouts on the Staff Council website.
We are currently reviewing the feedback received in the forums and from around campus as we finalize our recommendations for our presentation to the Cabinet that is scheduled for mid-November.
If you have input you would like to share with the steering committee, please do so by Friday, Nov. 2, through one of the following ways:
- Anonymous online feedback form
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reach out to any of the steering committee members individually
We will schedule an event in later in the fall to share the final plans for moving forward with Staff Council elections. Please keep an eye open for that information to come!
Staff Council Steering Committee
- Katie Bowler, Advancement Services
- Michelle Clements, Human Resources
- Eric Guerra, Athletics
- Kent Koth, Center for Community Engagement
- Stephanie Lewis, University Core
- Mary Lou Moffat, Albers Placement Center
- Lilly Newell, College of Arts and Sciences
- Megan Otis*, Marketing Communications
- Melissa Schade, Office of Fellowships
- MK Smith, Information Technology Services
- John Teegarden, Math Department
- Dion Wade, University Recreation
- Leann Wagele*, School of Law
* Steering Committee Co-Chairs