The Office of Sponsored Projects is excited to announce the introduction of a two-part pre-award training series to assist prospective grant proposers in the proposal development process. Please keep an eye out in campus news for our next training sessions.
Part I: Navigating the Grant Proposal Process at Seattle University
This training will compliment our online grant proposal guide by going into more depth on each step and giving proposers a chance to ask questions.
- Familiarize prospective proposers with sources to identify grant opportunities
- Increase awareness of OSP and campus resources along the grant proposal development process
- Understand the internal requirements, approval process, and deadlines for grant proposals
Part II: Developing a Grant Proposal Budget
This training will dive deep into the proposal development process. What can and should a proposal budget include? What is allowed by the funder and the university?
- Understand the role of the budget in a grant proposal
- Identify budget needs and allowability based on funder requirements
- Learn university policy and rates regarding salary, fringe, procurement, indirects/administrative fees
- Faimilarize with university processes for managing components of the budget, if awarded