SUMmER 2017 Information
- Applications may be submitted through the MathPrograms.org website here. All application materials must be received by February 24, 2017.
- The 2017 REU will run from June 19-August 11, 2017
A complete application to the SUMmER REU includes the following:
- A cover letter/personal statement, 1-3 pages in length, describing the applicant's mathematical background and explaining how participation in the SUMmER REU would benefit the applicant.
- An unofficial transcript from each undergraduate institution attended.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors who are familiar with the applicant's work.
- A brief statement describing any experience with programming or mathematical software (if applicable).
All application materials must be submitted through the MathPrograms.org website. In order to receive full consideration, all application materials must be received by February 24, 2017.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or its territories and full-time undergraduate students in 2017-18.
- It is expected that all applicants will have completed the calculus sequence (through Calculus III) before the program begins. A course in linear algebra is encouraged, but not required.