The Fasttrack MSCS program offers an accelerated path for qualified and motivated students to obtain both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in computer science in five years. The main benefits of the program are:
- It allows students to take two graduate courses (10 credits of 5000-level electives) in their undergraduate years and count them towards both the undergraduate and the graduate degrees.
- The application process for this program is greatly simplified compared to the graduate admission process. No GRE, recommendations, transcripts, or personal statement is required.
Application and Course Registration Process
In order to be eligible for admission, candidates must meet all of the requirements:
- must already be enrolled the BS program in Computer Science
- must have completed all required 3000-level CPSC courses (with a C or better)
- must hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 as well as a major GPA of 3.0 at the time of application
Note: A maximum of 10 credits can be applied to both the BS and MSCS program. Students need 180 credits to receive their BS degree and at least 37 additional credits for the MSCS degree.