- Completed Application for Graduate Admission and non-refundable application fee (waived for Seattle University alumni). Apply Online.
- A four-year Bachelor's degree, in computer science or related discipline, earned at a regionally accredited institution. For those without a CS degree, admission may be conditional on completion of prerequisite courses.
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 calculated with coursework from all post-secondary educational institutions attended in the last 90 quarter/60 semester credits of your bachelor's degree and any post-baccalaureate coursework.
- A 1-2 page letter of intent.
- Receipt of 2 academic or professional recommendations using the MSCS recommendation form.
- Academic Transcripts: All applicants are required to submit one copy of official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended. Official transcripts are defined as original documents issued by the institution that bear the actual signature of the Registrar -- not a photocopy -- and the seal of the issuing institution. Do not, however, send the original of an academic record that cannot be replaced; obtain a properly certified copy instead.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): GRE scores on the General (Aptitude) test are required for admission. The test must be taken within the last five (5) years before the desired date of admission.
- If English is not applicant's native language, official TOEFL paper-based score of 580 (92 internet-based) required. Equivalent IELTS or PTE scores are also accepted. Please visit the Graduate Admissions International Students page for more information.
- In addition to the required official set of transcripts, degree certificates and/or graduation certificates as described above, all international applicants must also submit a detailed course-by-course report of external evaluations by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) (www.ece.org) or Educational Perspectives (EP) (www.edperspective.org/seattleu/). Please visit the Graduate Admissions International Students page for more information.
If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (206) 296-5510.