When applying to the Masters in Structural Engineering program, please ensure that you have the following on hand to meet our program and educational requirements:
- Completed application for graduate admission and a non-refundable $55 application fee (fee waived for Seattle University current students and alumni).
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited four-year program or its equivalent.
- Minimum 3.00 GPA in last 90 quarter/60 semester credits. Applicants with GPA below minimum requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants from other related disciplines may be eligible following completion of pre-requisite courses with a grade of 3.00 or higher (on a 4.00 scale) in each.
- Official Graduate Records Examination (GRE) scores. Requirement waived for Seattle University current students and alumni.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one should be from a university faculty professor.
- Applicants for whom English is a non-native language must demonstrate English proficiency regardless of English language studies, residence in the United States or an English-speaking country, or immigration status. Graduate applicants with a baccalaureate or higher degree from recognized colleges in the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia and who have continued to reside in countries where English is the primary language for at least two years prior to applying to Seattle University will have this requirement waived. English proficiency may be met with an official TOEFL score of 92 (IBT) or 580(PBT); the IELTS exam with a minimum score of 7.0; PTE score of 62.