STRATEGIC PLAN 2017-2023
Vision, Mission, Values, and Goals
Approved by the Executive Committee on June 9, 2017
To be a nationally recognized, student-centered STEM community, expanding knowledge, developing new technologies, valuing the natural environment, and making a positive difference in our local community and the world.
Rooted in the Jesuit tradition, the Seattle University College of Science and Engineering is dedicated to providing challenging and engaging educational opportunities while fostering an enduring pursuit of intellectual, professional and personal growth in our students, staff, and faculty.
- Academic excellence: challenging and supportive learning environment, outstanding teaching, experiential learning, impactful scholarship
- Leadership: service, professionalism, social justice, environmental stewardship, innovation
- Community: inclusion, diversity, care for each other, mentorship, outreach, local and global engagement
- Become a significantly more diverse and inclusive college.
- Pursue academic excellence within a collaborative educational environment through continuous improvement of student learning and achievements.
- Empower our faculty and staff to excel in their careers and achieve their professional aspirations.
- Secure the human and financial resources required to achieve these goals.