First-Class Professional Preparation Demands First-Class Equipment
The new Jim & Janet Sinegal Center for Science & Innovation opens this fall! This is a massive accomplishment—made possible by generous donors—that will allow Seattle U to double our number of STEM majors and provide new labs, study spaces and workstations to students. But, we need your help to complete the exciting final step: furnishing learning spaces and filling labs with new equipment.
Seattle U’s STEM education offers a rare level of hands-on research, real-world partnership and faculty mentorship that propels our graduates to excel in demanding fields. We accomplish this by investing significantly in our students—providing them with exceptional faculty, small class sizes, and endless opportunities to explore, discover and innovate.
Have no doubt—the STEM students of today will be designing our future. In just a few short years, they will be undertaking biomedical research, developing engineering solutions to global warming and creating algorithms that drive everything from hiring to banking. Preparing them for this future requires up-to-date equipment that can keep pace with modern industry standards.
Today, you can make a difference by supporting the CSI Equipment Fund.
Progress To Goal (as of 15 May 2021):
Equip Our Students for Success
Each department has unique needs and just a few examples are listed below. No gift is too small, as every dollar will help fulfill the promise of a Seattle U STEM education—preparing capable, Jesuit-educated innovators to lead us through the complexities of tomorrow.
- Updated temperature control and water pressure systems
- Additional balances, evaporators and advanced spectrometers
- A high-performance liquid chromatography system
- Additional instrumentation to support new lab sections
- A new Advanced Optics lab
- A new floor model centrifuge
- Additional water baths, minigel boxes and PCRs
- Additional compound, phase contrast and stereo microscopes
|Electrical & Computer Engineering
- New workstations
- Updated design and fabrication facilities
|Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Additional drying ovens, centrifuges and computer workstations
- A new fluid properties and hydrostatics workbench
- Additional computer workstations, oscilloscopes and 3-D printers
- New refrigeration units and heat pumps
Make your gift by June 30th to be recognized on opening day!
Be Recognized on Opening Day