What is the SMP Program?
The Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) is a program in which ROTC contracted cadets simultaneously serve as members of the United States Army Reserves (USAR) and ROTC as officer trainees.
- $450-$500 Monthly Stipend
- E-5 Pay for Drill Weekend
- Commissioned Second Lieutenant upon Graduation
- Maintain Guard/Reserve Benefits*
- Active Duty or Guard/Reserve Possibilities
- Leadership Training: The SMP Program is an excellent opportunity for cadets to receive on-the-job training, leadership and unit experience.
- Junior in academic standing
- GPA > 2.0
- Accepted by Seattle University Professor of Military Science and Unit Battalion Commander
- Pass APFT* (Although a passing score is all that is needed to qualify, excelling at PT is a must for future Army Officers)
To join the SMP Program
- Contact Seattle University Army ROTC Admissions Officer for an interview
- Obtain a letter of acceptance into SMP program from Guard/Reserve Unit Commander
- Complete the Medical Qualification Exam through Army ROTC
- Obtain Assignment Orders from Guard/Reserve Unit into the SMP Program
- Contract with Army ROTC
*Cadets who participate in the program also receive credit for time in service that will be applied toward pay and retirement.