Covid-19 Grading Accommodation

In response to the disruption of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are amending the university grading policy for winter and spring quarters. Please review the following guidelines for each quarter.

2021 Spring Quarter

If you are a student who experienced extraordinary circumstances in Spring Quarter 2021 and would like to explore the possibility of changing one or more final grades this term to CR/F, please take these steps: 

  • If you are an undergraduate student, contact your school/college advising office.
  • If you are a graduate student in the College of Nursing, College of Education, or the Albers School of Business and Economics, contact your advisor.
  • If you are a graduate student in the College of Arts and Sciences, or College of Science and Engineering contact your school/college advising center.

In these meetings, you will have a confidential discussion of whether the grading option applies to the course(s) you wish to consider and the implications of selecting this grading option. If you decide to proceed with the request, your advisor must complete and submit a form to the Office of the Registrar between June 17, 2021 and October 25, 2021. Students who are scheduled to graduate 21SQ, must have their request submitted no later than July 2, 2021.  

Please see your advisor or advising center to determine if your courses are eligible for CR grades.

Frequently Asked Questions