We provide two, subsidized, option to access local climbing gyms. Must be purchased at the Outdoor office.
Located just south of SU campus, this facility offers bouldering and fitness opportunities. Through an individual punch-card system, the SU community can assess these offerings. We offer a limited number of subsidized punch cards each quarter.
Located in the Magnolia neighborhood (about a 20-25 minute drive from campus), this facility offers lead and top-rope climbing opportunities. During the school year, we organize weekly vans, for up to 10 persons. The schedule is T/W/Th from 6-9:30pm. This is a great way to meet other climbers!
|5 PUNCH PASS (through the Outdoor program)
|10 PUNCH PASS (through SBP)
- Photo Identification and an SBP card are required for admission
- SBP cards are non-refundable and do not expire
- SBP cards includes use of the fitness equipment and classes but does not include shoe rental
- We sell a limited number of SBP cards each quarter and are done on a first come, first served basis
- Limit one card per person
- During the academic year, we offer informal bouldering group outings to SBP on Mondays
- Please represent Seattle University appropriately when participating with SBP
How to Participate (VW)
- Registration Required: Register with us during open office hours and complete a registration form and pay $30 for the quarterly pass. This registration also ensures your seat in the van.
- First Come, First Served: Van seats are given on a first come, first served basis.
- Belay Certification: This is required to belay any climber. If you would like to be certified and have prior experience, simply take the belay test with Vertical World upon arrival at the gym. There is no teaching others how to belay as it is a liability for VW.
- Rentals: Shoes and harnesses are free but not not be shared
- Please represent Seattle University appropriately when participating with VW
Learn the fundamentals needed to climb vertically: fitting the harness, tying a figure-eight knot, and proper belaying techniques in a two-hour class. This course includes all necessary equipment and has a limited class size of six.
Two ways to become certified:
- Take our Course
A course is offered at the beginning of each quarter, for around $12 and includes transportation.
- On Your Own
You can enroll directly through Vertical World. Request the student rate: $35. Once completed, bring your receipt to the Outdoor office during open hours and we'll subsidize $20 of that fee.