- Stephen Sundborg, S.J., formally announces his decision to step down as Seattle University’s 21st president in June 2021, at the conclusion of the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Board of Trustees Chair Nicole Piasecki announces the formation of a search committee representing faculty, staff, students, alumni, members of the Jesuit community and the community at-large.
- The campus community is invited to participate in listening sessions and offer feedback on the skills, experiences and qualities critical to the role of Seattle University’s next president
- Informed by stakeholder input, a position profile is created and working with the search firm WittKieffer a comprehensive and inclusive national search is conducted.
- Members of the search committee hold off-site interviews with semi-finalist candidates.
- Up to three finalists are brought to campus for interviews. All members of the campus community are invited to attend open forums with the candidates and provide feedback.
- The search committee makes its recommendation to the Board of Trustees, and the board makes the final decision on SU’s next president.
Meet Our Search Firm & Consultants