President Peñalver Among the Top 100 ‘Most Influential’
No Caption Provided
October 20, 2022
President Eduardo Peñalver is one of the “100 Most Powerful, Influential Business People in Washington,” according to the Power 100 list released by Puget Sound Business Journal (PSBJ).
Five others with Seattle University connections made the list as well:
- Dean C. Allen, CEO at McKinstry, is a longtime supporter of the university, including Albers School of Business and Economics, and worked on SU's last capital campaign as the lead of the Center for Science and Innovation Campaign Task Force and the Campaign Steering Committee.
- Phyllis Campbell, chair of the Pacific Northwest region at JP Morgan Chase, is former chair of the SU Board of Trustees.
- Tod Leiweke, CEO of the Seattle Kraken, is a member of the Board of Trustees.
- Gordon McHenry, ’79, who is president and CEO of United Way of King County, is a former member of the Board of Trustees and an SU Alumnus of the Year.
- Dave Sabey, president of Sabey Inc., was co-chair of the university’s last capital campaign and a former member of the Board of Trustees.
In selecting this year’s list-makers, PSBJ explains the process on its website: “Our newsroom looked for pioneers, innovators and thought leaders. We considered nonprofit heads, startup founders and business luminaries. We wanted a list that reflected the networks within the business community and the unsung people who act as the connective tissue between industries.”
And, notes the publication, this is not a ranking. “Rather, it’s a roster that tries to capture a moment in time. Give it 365 days or so and it will change.
Read more about this year’s winners—and honorees of the past—in the PSBJ (subscription required).