This handbook is a tool to walk Premajor students through a developmental series of exercises designed to guide their major discernment process. The activities are intentionally chosen to help narrow down interests based on self-knowledge and to guide your one-on-one appointment.
Note to new students: You will have a registration hold on your account each quarter until the quarterly activity and advising meeting is complete.
Premajor Studies Handbook
**Updated Spring Quarter Premajor Handbook Assignment (Word Document)**
2019-2020 Premajor Handbook (PDF)
- Attend Registration 101 session
- Schedule and attend quarterly advising appointment
- Complete "Comparing Majors" Activity
- Review Seattle University Majors & Minors
- Schedule and bring completed activities to quarterly advising appointment
- Complete Faculty Interview Activity. This activity no longer requires you to meet with a faculty member!
- Schedule and bring completed activity to quarterly advising appointment
- Schedule additional advising appointments and work with campus partners on academic and career discernment