Once students accumulate 90 credits, they must declare their major.
How do I declare or change my major?
- Fill out a Change of Major Form and complete the top portion.
- Contact the academic department for the major you are declaring - if you are unsure who to contact, email the Administrative Assistant in the program.
- Have the new department sign your Change of Major form and send signed form to Premajor
- Meet with your Premajor advisor to talk about your discernment process and to get signed out of the program.
We will forward your Change of Major form to the Registrar's office. Expect 2-4 weeks for processing. You will receive an email when you have been officially reassigned to an advisor in your new major. Our office will forward your student file to the department in which you have declared your major.
How do I declare a minor?
A minor can only be added once you have declared a major. You can work with your Premajor advisor to work on your minor requirements until you are ready to declare a major.
Albers School of Business & Economics
- A minimum 2.75 GPA in business-related courses AND a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA is required to declare a major in this school.
- Students must complete Math 1130 with a C- or better and have taken at least 2 additional business courses.
- Contact your advisor or the Albers Advising Center for more details.
College of Arts & Sciences
A minimum 2.0 GPA is required to declare a major in the College of Arts & Sciences. Exceptions are as follows:
- There are some exceptions such as Psychology - contact your advisor for more details.
College of Science & Engineering
- A minimum 2.50 cumulative and major GPA is required for Computer Science or Engineering.
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative and major GPA is required for the Sciences.
- Students must complete required prerequisites with a C- or better.
- Contact your advisor for more info.