Access First Quarter Preparation Checklist
The Department of New Student Registration has designed a checklist to prepare incoming students for their first quarter. This tool provides the student with information about course preferences, how to sign up for housing, and Summer in Seattle registration. Students will need their SU email address and password to access the online tool.
To access the online preparation course, you must login to Canvas. You can also access the course by clicking on the word "Canvas" at the top right of your screen.
- Login with your user name and password (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don't know your password? Select "don't know your password?" and follow instructions.
- Don't know your user name? Email New Student Registration at email@example.com
- Select the "Courses" dropdown menu and click on "Welcome New Student: Preparing for Your 1st Quarter."
- It may take 2 business days after your deposit is processed to access Canvas
- Helpful Hint: We recommend you preview the checklist as soon as you can access it. It is important that you are aware of deadlines and required preparation. For instance, May 5th is another very important date to be aware of.
There will be a cost for each participant. The student cost of $230 will be included in their first quarter bill. The student orientation fee covers Summer in Seattle and Welcome Week activities, lodging, and meals.
The family fee of $70 per person will need to be sent to our office prior to the Summer in Seattle session. The cost covers a portion of the meals and materials for the program.