Custodial Services

Custodial Service Changes Coming

Due to budget reductions, the WFF Custodial Service Department has been asked to reduce their service levels. All general offices will cleaned and trash removed once a week after July 1, 2019.  Our goal is to maintain a service model that puts our students first. This insures that primary student areas, public spaces, lobbies, restrooms and food service areas remain on a daily cleaning schedule. Additional trash, recycle and compost bins will be made available in certain areas for staff needing to empty their trash prior to their scheduled cleaning

For more information contact:  Chuck Nerger, Associate Director, Building Services and Grounds, at

Building cleaning schedules are available here: Building Cleaning Schedule -Updated July 31, 2019

In addition to conserving university resources, this change provides us the opportunity to reduce waste and reconsider our consumption habits. With the reduction in service, we encourage you to look for opportunities to reduce waste at your desk and in your office, and to consider reusable alternatives to items you otherwise trash, recycle, or compost. For information or advice on ways to reduce your waste, contact Richard Moyer, Resource Conservation Manager, at


Commonly Asked Questions - Custodial Service Delivery Change for Offices

What happens if my trash or recycling bin is full?

Please take it to the nearest common area receptacle and empty it there. New liners should be available in the nearest kitchen, under the sink. If you need liners you can submit a work order. 

What if there are not common area receptacles near my office?

We are working to add additional common area receptacles around campus in areas that need them. If you see the need for an additional common area receptacle, please submit a work order.

How do I know when my trash and recycling will be emptied by custodial staff?

All information including schedules for specific buildings can be found here: Building Cleaning Schedule -Updated July 31, 2019.

What if my trash starts to smell?

With proper waste separation, trash should not produce a strong odor. Remember that all food waste, soiled paper, and Chartwells to-go ware is compostable, and that recyclables should be clean and empty. If your desk waste bin is still too smelly, you can empty your bin in a common area receptacle.  Compost refuse should already be emptied in common area compost bins (that are still serviced 5 days a week).

How will this help university waste diversion and decrease our overall environmental footprint?

This will allow the university to use fewer liners by not removing trash in offices every night and will promote proper use of composting. The change also presents us the opportunity to think about how much waste we produce over the course of a week and to consider where opportunities exist to reduce the waste we produce in our offices.             

What will custodial staff be doing instead of emptying office trash?

WFF will be able to focus more time cleaning the common area spaces with the goal of improving the overall cleanliness of the campus that everyone uses and enjoys every day.

Service Requests

To report a custodial problem in the academic and administrative buildings, please enter a work order online. Outside of regular business hours, please contact Public Safety at 206-296-5990 to report custodial concerns that involve safety, security, or property. Regular business hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

WFF Campus Custodial includes all the people who make your office sparkle when you are not looking. Their duties include all of the campus custodial work, except the residence halls. You can reach WFF  at 206-296-6194.

Residence Hall Housekeeping
The Residence Hall Housekeeping staff believes in providing a supportive campus climate by providing the  necessary services to meet the cleaning needs of the students, faculty, summer conference attendees, and the Jesuit community. Students should contact their Residence Hall's front desk; faculty and staff can enter a work request online. Emergencies should be reported to the Resource Center by calling 206-296-6996.

Outside of regular business hours, please contact Public Safety at 206-296-5990 to report custodial concerns that involve safety, security, or property.