Global Nursing Information Sessions
If you missed the Info Session on 10/24/2019. You can still learn about our Global Education programs by viewing the presentation.
Belize 2020 Information Session
How to Apply for SUCON Education Abroad Courses
Regardless of the program you are applying for, ALL STUDENTS are required to submit an application via HORIZONS, the Education Abroad Office online application system. The following are instructions for how to apply:
- Enter the HORIZONS application system. You will log in using your SU email address and password.
- Select the program you are interested in to begin your application.
- You will answer a series of standard immersion questions and a set of questions specific to nursing and the program you have selected.
In addition, you will need to obtain letters of support/recommendation from those who can speak to your potential for success in an education abroad program.
- Students applying to the short-term program are required to have two recommendations from SU faculty members.
- Students applying to the long-term program must have at least one recommendation from SU faculty. It is ideal for the second recommendation to also be an academic reference.
The faculty members must complete the recommendation in the HORIZONS system. Please provide the faculty members with instructions to complete the recommendation online.
Your submission of an application indicates that you grant permission to the CON to review your unofficial transcript to verify your GPA and academic standing as part of the application process.
All applications for short-term programs (≤ 4 weeks: Belize, Nicaragua) are due to HORIZONS by December 22, 2019.
Belize - for undergraduates
UCOR 3620 - Global Nursing Seminar and Immersion - Belize
(5 cr) Spring/Summer 2020
Course Director: Rachelle Meenach-Ligrano
- Travel dates July 2 to July 18, 2020
- Explore the history, culture & health/human services infrastructure of Belize.
- Spend 10 days working in health & human service settings (work with elderly, adolescents, children infected/affected with HIV, and others) .
- Includes two weekends of cultural activities including visit to ancient Mayan sites.
- Click here for the Nursing in Belize Summer 2019 flyer.
Nicaragua - for undergraduates and graduates
UCOR 3620 – Global Nursing Seminar and Immersion - Nicaragua
Due to the ongoing civil unrest in the region, this immersion will not be an option for the 2018/19 academic year.