Students have unlimited access to the following Lab areas, if not in use by a class or other event:
- Student Lounge
- Practice Lab
- Computer Lab
- Reflection Area
- Conference Room
- Interview Room
- Graduate Lab (graduate students only)
- Community Apartment
Students have restricted access to the following areas:
- Simulation rooms for Baby and Adult (faculty or teaching assistant supervision required)
- Graduate Lab (undergraduates must have permission and supervision)
- Handicap-accessible Restroom (for lab session learning only)
Students are required to call or email the CPL Coordinator and/or check in at the front desk to make an appointment to use spaces outside of their regularly scheduled class times.
Equipment and Supplies Request
Students can submit a proposal form to request the use of equipment and supplies for projects. Completed forms must be received at least 7 business days prior to the date of a project.
Click Supplies and Equipment Request with Check Out Form_New to download the form.
At least one Teaching Assistant (graduate nursing student) is available each week in the CPL to:
- Assist students referred by faculty for skill remediation
- Assist students requesting supervised practice
- Assist with simulations as needed
Teaching assistant schedules are announced to faculty members at the beginning of each quarter. Students and faculty are encouraged to contact teaching assistants directly to make appointments and referrals. The Lab Coordinator can assist as needed.
- Students may reserve a locker for a quarter by contacting the Lab Coordinator
- Lockers must be shared between 2-3 people and students must provide their own lock
- Students can use the Swedish Shuttle (on a space-available basis) to travel between the main campus and James Tower.
- The shuttle schedule including departure/arrival locations is available on the bulletin board in the student lounge at the CPL or online here: Swedish Shuttle Service 2017