Design Thinking: DICE 3910
Offered: Fall 2020
Design Thinking is a valuable, creative methodology for solution-based problem solving in any field, especially in this everchanging world that requires constant innovation.This human-centric, user experience approach in 5 basic steps (Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype, and Test) can be leveraged beyond products and user interface design. It can be a critical process for adaptation, flexibility and retooling, especially in uncertain times.
This course addresses the following program learning outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate the 5 basic steps of the Design Thinking principles.
- Students are capable of applying Design Thinking methodology to solve problems.
- Students will create iterative prototypes to design a solution.
- Students will evaluate success or failure of solutions through the lens of Design Thinking.
This course has the following specific course objectives:
- You will gain a set of solution-focused approach for action-based results.
- You will demonstrate learning by applying Design Thinking to lead projects.
- You will execute Design Thinking activities physically and virtually.
- You will demonstrate learning by applying Design Thinking to solve problems to bring forward a creative solution.