Leadership Capstone Course: ORGL 4900
In this capstone course, you will reflect upon and integrate the practical organizational and leadership skills you have learned throughout the program and apply them to the real world, developing a multi-faceted plan to deal with a significant organizational problem. The plan will offer solutions to the practical, ethical, and social justice aspects of the issue. This course is a hybrid course, with most course content delivered online along with face-to-face evening classes every two weeks.
- Demonstrate how the application of leadership and organizational management concepts relate to the service to others, social responsibility, ethical practice, and commitment to justice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of diversity (national, ethnic, cultural, gender, etc.) and the issues, opportunities, and challenges related to managing a diverse workforce
- Articulate a personal leadership philosophy based on authenticity as well as leadership and organizational scholarship, applying these to individual, group, organizational, and societal contexts.
- Demonstrate financial literacy and apply a comprehensive set of practical financial concepts and tools in organizational settings
- Demonstrate an understanding of major organizational and general management concepts and practices (i.e. change management, human resource management, organizational communication, and legal issues in organizations) and apply them in organizational settings
- Demonstrate exemplary written and oral communication, interpersonal, and presentational skills.