What we're looking for:
The Seattle University Marketing and Communications office is always looking for energetic, organized, and creative students to join our social media team. Applicants should understand and embody the Seattle University spirit and have a passion for sharing the SU story. Social Media is constantly changing and evolving so we're looking for someone who understands trends, can adapt to changing deadlines, and can manage multiple social media platforms.
Things to consider:
This is a non-paid internship but you may earn credits towards your degree, please speak to your advisor for every department operates differently. Here are some questions you should consider asking your advisor:
How do I register for credits?
What are the credit and time commitments?
Is there a difference between undergrad and grad?
Do I have to pay for the credits?
Can I just do the internship for experience?
- Create, post, and share daily content on our Seattle University social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube).
- Help develop ideas for content across platforms.
- Assist with comparative research and analysis.
- Assist with social media campaigns and contests for 2019-2020.
- Update Social Media Calendar with weekly scheduled content.
- Create video content for SU's YouTube page.
- Meet with stakeholders from various areas of campus to assist in wide-scale marketing promotions and communications efforts.
- Assist in selection of talent and interview subjects for 2019-2020 academic year.
Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with social media sites is a must (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube).
- Excellent writing skills (a writing sample will be requested).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with photo editing software such as Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Graphic design or video editing skills a plus.
- Communications Studies, Journalism or Public Relations major preferred but open to anyone looking to understand more about social media marketing.
Please email me with your name, year, college/degree, what you feel you can bring to this internship and what you want to get out of it. Hope to hear from you soon!
Marriah Menchaca, Social Media Specialist
Marketing & Communications