Seattle U Web News: Upcoming design refresh and other updates
Posted by Megan Otis on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:35 AM PDT
Happy Fall Quarter everyone! We have lots of website news to share with you all.
Update on the upcoming design refresh and template changes
Over the summer, the MarCom Web Team has been working very hard getting ready to launch the website design refresh and template changes in TerminalFour. We are anticipating to roll out the changes in mid-October. Here are some of the changes you can expect:
- New Seattle U homepage
- New global navigation menu and footer
- General style updates for a cleaner look and feel
- Font changes and larger text size (for increased accessibility and readability)
- More white space, fewer borders
- Banners and most other content types will have design “face lift” too
- Option for full width pages
- Several new content types and improvements to existing content types
- Zone C will now be visible on mobile devices
- More control over how content items are ordered on mobile devices
What content editors need to do to prepare
The design and template changes will happen automatically throughout the website, but you may want to prepare for these changes by doing the following tasks:
- Decide how you would like your website content items to be ordered for mobile users.
- Your content will appear on mobile devices based on the order in which they are listed in your section, regardless of zone.
Updates on Albers and ITS URL changes
A quick update on the URL changes we announced earlier this month:
The web address for Albers School of Business and Economics website has successfully been changed to www.seattleu.edu/business.
- The ITS (www.seattleu.edu/its) and Technology Support (www.seattleu.edu/support) website transition has been postponed and will now take place on October 12. If you have any ITS or Support content linked on your pages, please contact Alex Stoffel at email@example.com with the URL and specific content no later than Monday, October 9.
Fall quarter CMS training sessions
This fall, we will continue to offer basic training sessions for new CMS users, or folks just looking to refresh their T4 skills. If you, or a new content editor in your area, wish to attend a training session, please sign up on the Web Training site.
Review CMS access and permissions
Since a new academic year has begun, it’s a great time to review the list of users who have permission to edit your websites. Perhaps you are, or have, a student employee who left your position at the end of the school year and no longer need access to the CMS?
- If you no longer need access to the CMS, please let us know and we can remove you from the system (and then you will stop receiving emails sent to the content editors listserv).
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Jason Beardriel and Megan Otis
MarCom Web Team