Disclaimer: Mail not properly prepped for Mailing Services or that needs extra handling, such as hand sealing, may not go out the same day. To avoid this, Mailing Services offers some tips for prepping your mail. See Below.
~How to correctly bundle mail for delivery to Mailing Services.*
* Rubber bands can be supplied.
* Please note that mail needs to be separated by international mail, domestic mail (USA and Territories), and campus mail. If it is not correctly separated a fee of___ will be imposed.
* Note: Mail needs to correctly face the same direction with the same top-bottom orientation or a fee (___) will be applied.
~Please include Department Budge number of Bundled mail.
~Please have letter mail bundled with a rubber band and unnested.
Unnested: Flaps down
Nested: Flaps Up
* To unnest envelopes will cost _____.
~Please separate sealed mail from unsealed mail or the mail will jam in the meter machine. A ___ fee for not separating the mail will be applied.
Example of not separating correctly:
~Our meter machines can seal:
Number 10 envelopes:
Flats with flaps on the long side of the flat:
~Our meter machines cannot seal:
Long flaps or triangle pointed flaps:
Very thick envelops and very bulky envelopes, such as:
* If hand sealing is required Mailing Services will charge a ___ fee per envelope/flat.
~Meter Machines print in red ink. That means red envelopes will have to have meter stripes placed on them which costs an extra $0.20, on top of the postage, for each red envelope.