The Commons encourages our readers to share their thoughts with one another by commenting on a story or feature that speaks to you. We encourage lively, thoughtful and civil conversation with the following guidelines:
- Comments must be relevant to a topic discussed in the feature and to the point.
- Keep your comments clean and constructive.
- Posts that are off-topic, abusive, contain profanity, are threatening in tone or devolve into personal attacks will be deleted. Period.
- Excessively long comments—as determined by the site’s editor—are subject to editing for length, clarity and space limitations.
- Anonymous comments will not be published.
- The Commons reserves the right to review all comments before they go live and remove comments that violate any of the conditions noted above.
« Return to the article